The nutritional benefits of this fruit makes it a very popular choice among people.
Nutritional Values of Dragon Fruit:
Following are the nutritional values of dragon fruit present in 100 grams of fruit:
- Niacin – 1.3 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.044 mg
- Thiamine – 0.0 mg
- Vitamin C – 9 mg
- Vitamin B3 – 0.43 mg
- Vitamin B2 – 0.045 mg
- Vitamin B1 – 0.043 mg
- Iron – 0.65 mg
- Phosphorus – 36.1 mg
- Calcium – 8.8 mg
- Carotene – 0.012 mg
- Crude fiber – 0.9 g
- Fat – 0.61 g
- Ash – 0.28 g
- Protein – 0.229 g
- Moisture – 83 g
- Others – 0.68 g
Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit:
- As dragon fruit is a good source of antioxidants, it prevents free radicals and protects from causing cancer and other health detriments from entering your body.
- This fruit helps in neutralizing the toxic substances such as heavy metals. Besides, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be reduced by consuming dragon fruit.
- Regular consumption of this aids in fighting against cough and asthma.
- This has high amounts of vitamin C and helps in healing bruises and cuts quickly, and enhancing the immune system.
- Vitamin B2 present in dragon fruit acts like a multivitamin and helps to improve and recover the loss of appetite.
- Vitamin B1 in this fruit helps in increasing the energy production and also in metabolizing carbohydrates.
- Due to the presence of vitamin B3, it helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels. It improves the appearance of your skin by smoothing and moisturizing it.
- It improves eyesight and prevents hypertension.
- As it is a good source of phosphorus and calcium, it reinforces bones, helps in tissue formation and forms healthy teeth.
- Regular consumption of dragon fruit decreases weight, thereby creates a well-balanced body.
- Dragon fruit is also helpful in reducing blood sugar levels in people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
Powered by Facebook Comments