The appearance of wrinkles is something that worries all women at all ages. There are hundreds of creams you can apply, but I discovered a very interesting and no cost way that helps minimizing wrinkles. I’m talking about Face Yoga! That’s it you read it well…
Watch Annelise Hagen, Yoga Expert, exemplifying some exercises you can do:
Face yoga is designed to help reduce and even prevent wrinkles on your face. These exercises are designed to loosen wrinkles around your eyes.
How does face yoga work?
- Exercising the muscles in your face will help tone them (just like exercising the muscles in your body) and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It plumps the muscles under the skin, and lifts the skin along with it.
- Performing these exercises with face yoga can help you control the way your face shapes itself.
Could facial exercises/repetitive motion actually increase wrinkles?
- No, the facial muscles are involuntary muscles, so doing a program of trained repetitions can actually reduce the wrinkles.
- Facial expressions that you constantly make due to stress and other factors are more likely to cause wrinkles.
- To help combat crow’s feet, isolate your lower eyelids and wink with only your lower eyelid.
- To create resistance and really build the muscle, place your index finger in the area of the crow’s feet while winking the lower eyelid.
- Do about 20 repetitions on each eye.
- To tone the upper eyelid area, close your eyes and hold down your upper eyelid (not with your fingers—just try to ‘glue down’ your eyelid firmly) to the lower eyelid for 5-10 seconds.
- Do several repetitions to build the muscle.
Keeping a face yoga routine
- Since you will be training new muscles on your face it is best to start with your problem area and focus on that.
- Perform these face yoga exercises a minimum of two times per week in the mornings.
Powered by Facebook Comments