Unfortunately there’s no miracle migraine headache treatment…
…but you can certainly benefit from remedies and several other treatments to feel much better.
The treatment objective is to diminish how frequently you suffer from migraines and to avoid the headaches with the fewest medicine side effects. Your doctor might possibly have you have a shot at a few varieties of medications and will probably regulate the dosage to cope with your migraines.
Here are some useful tips:
#1 – Try to find what are the migraine triggers
Keeping a headache diary is a good way to find your triggers. You write down when you have a headache and how bad it is, along with details such as what you ate and what you did before the headache started. You look for patterns to your headaches. This information can help you know what to avoid to prevent a migraine.
#2 – Take medication
You may take:
- Medicines to stop a migraine. These are sometimes called abortive medicines. These may be over-the-counter or prescription medicines. If you take the medicine at the first sign that you’re about to get a migraine, you may keep the headache from starting or from getting bad.
- Medicines to prevent migraines. These drugs are often called preventive medicines. You get them with a prescription. You take these every day or whenever your doctor tells you to.
For mild to moderate migraines, you may first want to try over-the-counter pain relievers that have fewer side effects and cost less than other medicines. But if they don’t help, you may need prescription medicines.
If medicines to stop a migraine don’t give you enough relief, or if you’re taking them more than 2 times a week, talk to your doctor about whether you should take medicines to prevent a migraine.
#3 – You may want to try other types of migraine headache treatment
You may want to try complementary treatments along with medicines. These may include:
For more information, see Other Treatment.
Before you try these treatments, be sure to ask your doctor if they are safe for you.
How you think can affect how you feel. So finding ways to relax and change your negative or worrisome thoughts may help prevent headaches.
You may want to try:
- Positive thinking techniques.
- Progressive muscle relaxation.
- Ways to manage your time.
- Breathing exercises.
- Guided imagery.
If suffer from this condition and have found a migraine headache treatment that works for you, share it!
Powered by Facebook Comments